Superwool ® XTRA™ (SUPERWOOL® HT BLANKET)
SUPERWOOL ® XTRA™ delivers the strength that industrial applications need both in terms of its resistance to high temperatures and pollutants, but also its improved EHS credentials.
Superwool XT RA is Bio Soluble and has a unique low biopersistent chemistry fibre in a class of its own
Superwool® XTRA™ has a unique chemistry composition that can replace RCF 1400°C/2550°F applications with a low biopersistence, exonerated fibre.
- Exonerated from carcinogen classification within Europe and not classified as hazardous by IARC or under any national regulations on a global basis.
- Superwool® XTRA™ does not form crystalline silica when exposed to high temperatures.
- Our Superwool® XTRA™ fibre has been proven in targeted applications, with over 4 years success. Read our case study to find out more.
- Proven to perform better than RCF with most industrial furnace pollutants, especially alkali metals. The only exonerated fibre on the market with this performance.
- With higher thermal expansion, Superwool® XTRA™ heals shrinkage gaps in the furnace insulation as the furnace heats up. Our video shows expansion in action.
- High melting point for high over temperature protection (>1650°C).
- Designed to replace RCF 1400°C applications.
- Different from anything else available in the market place due to its chemical formulation.
SUPERWOOL HT BLANKET SPECIFICATIONS
|Continuous Use Temperature, °C (°F)||1150 (2102)|
|Classification Temperature, °C (°F)||1300 (2372)|
|Density, kg/m3 (pcf)||64, 96, 128, 160 (4, 6, 8, 10)|
|Tensile Strength, kPa (psi), EN 1094-1|
|Measured Density,kg/m3 (pcf), 64 (4)||30|
|Chemical Analysis, % weight basis after firing|
|Calcium oxide + Magnesium oxide, CaO + MgO||18-25|
|Thermal Conductivity, W/m•K (BTU•in/hr•ft2), per ASTM C201|
|Measured Density,kg/m3 (pcf)||96 (6)||128 (8)|
|200°C (392°F)||0.05 (0.35)||0.04 (0.28)|
|400°C (752°F)||0.10 (0.69)||0.08 (0.55)|
|600°C (1112°F)||0.19 (1.32)||0.14 (0.97)|
|800°C (1472°F)||0.32 (2.22)||0.23 (1.59)|
|1000°C (1832°F)||0.48 (3.33)||0.34 (2.36)|
|1200°C (2192°F)||0.69 (4.79)||0.48 (3.33)|