SUPERWOOL PLUS TEXTILES
Superwool Plus Cloth / Tape are woven from Superwool Plus yarn and reinforced with Fiberglass / Stainless steel yarn.
Braided Rope are made from Superwool Plus fiber enclosed in a fiberglass braid or SS wire braid to give excellent handling strength
Twisted Rope: twisted threads made of Superwool plus fibre yarn reinforced with fiberglass or SS wire.
Burning of the 20% organic carrier contained by the textile materials happens at 400 C leading to smoke and out gassing
- Furnace doors and radiant tube seals
- Blast furnace stove expansion joint
- Coke oven ascension pipe seal, preventing fume emission on exhaust collection system
- Coke oven door seal preventing gas Leakage between refractory and door jamb.
- Piping insulation
- Hot top seal
- Welding curtains
- Insulation between anode buss and box
- Asbestos free and ideal replacement for asbestos cloth products
- Inspection door seals
- Gaskets & flange seals
- Expansion joint packing for refractory brick work in furnaces and kilns.
- Pipe wrap or insulation in marine Generators
- Insulation lagging for pipes
- Radiant tube packing in boilers and furnaces
The durability of Superwool® Plus™ Textiles depends on the frequency and amplitude of any applied mechanical stress
- Low thermal Conductivity
- Flexible and easy to use
- Excellent thermal Shock resistance
- Resistance to molten aluminum
- Exonerated from any carcinogenic classification under nota Q of directive 97/69 EC
Superwool Plus Fibre : 1200 ° C
Fiber Glass Reinforcement : 500° C
Stainless Steel Reinforcement : 1000° C
The Maximum use temperature depends on the application. In case of doubt, refer to MMTCL Technical service for advice.
HIGH TEMPERATURE PERFORMANCE
- With Fiberglass reinforcement the maximum use temperature is 500 C
- With SS wire the maximum use temperature is 1000°C
- Superwool Plus fibre has a maximum continuous use classification temperature of 1200°C, so in a stress-free, enclosed environment, the Superwool Plus™ Textiles may be used at temperatures up to 1000°C, depending on the application conditions.
AVAILABILITY : ROPE - 25m LENGTH
AVAILABILITY : CLOTH AND TAPE
The values given herein are typical values obtained in accordance with accepted test methods and are subject to normal manufacturing variations.
They are supplied as a technical service and are subject to change without notice. Therefore, the data contained herein should not be used for specification purposes.